View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
PFFOG OP
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 2,081
Monday was time to ride, and mother nature cooperated, it was overcast an hazy, but the moisture stayed in the sky. First day is a loop day, returning to Zurich.

The wife and I decided to take the long route, meandering small roads and up and over a small pass in Switzerland.

I know watching videos can sometimes be as exciting as watching paint dry, but they do show the roads better than still pics do so I will link them as I go along.

My steed for the next 2 weeks, not often you call a R1200GS pretty, but I kind of like the looks of this one. Gave it back with about twice the mileage it had when I got it.

Did I say small roads? They offer great views, almost non-existent traffic, and an up close and personal view of the countryside.

Lunch was on the Pragel pass, my first of many bowls of goulash zuppa, a lunch time staple in the Alps. It is a little different in every place, my theory is it is the leftovers, thrown in a tomato base, with some spices, and served with bread. Just right for a light lunch.

Our view from our table on the patio

The low clouds hanging over the eastern side of the pass

As well as some gravel washed on the road, the numerous waterfalls were running from the recent rains.

PFFOG screwed with this post 09-25-2012 at 09:02 AM
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote