View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #17
Just GO! OP
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867
Fe....fi....fo....fum.............

At this point I'm going to make an introduction and voice my appreciation to a good friend that I've know for a few years and one of the inmates here at ADVrider.

I made Tim's, aka dox on this site, acquaintance while I was out riding for tags (see this thread for details). I was in the parking lot of one of the locks and dams along the Ohio river and he came strolling up, looking very intimidating, to me at least. You'll see why.

Tim, who btw happens to be a very nice fellow, is, how should I put it, tall.

I, on the other hand, as one of my friends puts it, "don't stick out of the ground far enough".

Well, he came strolling up through the parking lot and all I could think was Fe.....Fi......Fo........Fum.

That's Tim.......... there on the right.......

And here he is at the locks and dam when I first met him........

Anyway he really is one of the nicest guys I know.

And now I want to voice my appreciation to Tim for a really nice gesture. A week or so ago Tim stopped by where I work and asked if I had gotten a DSLR camera yet. He had known that I was looking for a used one to pick up. I told him that I indeed had purchased one but I had not bought lenses for it yet. "Well, he said, I have a couple lenses that I thought you might want to baby sit for me."

He had just picked up a spare, used SLR that had lenses that he didn't need at the time and thought I might be able to use them. So I now have a couple temporary lenses to use with the SLR and all of the pictures that follow were taken with my camera and Tim's lenses.

So Tim, aka dox, here's to you.....................

Just GO! screwed with this post 09-26-2012 at 06:15 AM
Just GO! is offline   Reply With Quote