BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 1,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo View Post
What kind of cost?
Is there a vendor link?
In the $325 range Canadian.

No link yet, as he can't produce very many and he doesn't want to be overwhelmed with orders.

Mike is going to produce about 12 plates next week, so we will see...

He has tested this design on his own SE and it will work with a center stand and again, the plate does not depend on the oil tank to support anything. He told me you can run the plate without the 2 oil tank screws just fine.

These plates are 3/16" tig weled alum. and powder coated in a silver vein finish. If you take a hit to the front hard enough to bend the plate at the oil tank, wheww.... it might leave a mark, but will buff right out!!

I am new to the SE, I rode my 990 to over 30k though. And only broke one motor case! I do have some insight to one or 2 of our local SE "guru's"

Take care everyone, Eric.

This is what the Black dog did to my Adventure,

And this what the plate looked like,

Edit, I souldn't say the plate did this, I did this, and the plate suffered the wrath. The ribs where very high on the inside of the plate, and when I cased the G-out, the rubber grommets flexed enough to slam the plate into the bottom of my motor, cracking it. Luckly, we where able to weld it thru the clutch side and it never leaked again!!

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!

BIG-E screwed with this post 09-26-2012 at 05:52 AM
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote