View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #1612
Wy'east
Dust in the wind...

Oddometer: 128
"Camping" stove

I'd have to say hands down it's this. I Picked it up off of fleabay about 8 years ago. It's called a Radius No.15, 100% complete not too bad for a 1930s stove! It even has the original top ring which is viewable behind the stove in the picture below.

A small bit of cleaning was required, replacement of the NRV Non-retun valve puck (the piston kept backing out, loosing pressure, etc.) and a few gaskets as well as a proper inspection. We don't want to loose our eyebrows!

This stove has amazing stampings all over it. In the picture of the buner head below, you can read MADE IN SWEDEN around the shootingstar trademark. Sole Makers of the Genuine "RADIUS" Apparatus is written in ten languages that are around the tank/fount; Swedish, English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, 3 variations of Sanskrit & Arabic... Even a nothing trip is turned into an adventure using it!

My other stove (I carry 2 stoves) is the old Multi-fuel 1st generation Optimus-Burton Nova "Made in Sweden" with the Cejn connectors - later models were crap and dangerous apparently, so if you want a GOOD one, read this http://adventuresinstoving.blogspot....imus-nova.html.

Mine has been pretty good most of the time. Always carry a rebuild kit (any stove). I've more than once had to do field repairs.

Wy'east screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 12:01 AM Reason: forgot the title
Wy'east is offline   Reply With Quote