View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #35
Eclecticmale OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
San Luis Potosi to Santiago de Querétaro

Loaded the bike at 10:00 AM, and made my way to Querétaro. The ride was easy and not too much traffic, but it later rained after I checked in my hotel. I am staying at a Best Western, which is located about 10 minutes from then center of the city. I arrived around 1:00 PM, and unloaded my gear, and decided to go downtown to take a look around. Historic downtown Querétaro is really nice, and I really enjoyed the Spanish colonial setup of the city. I has these nice little park areas inside every block or so. The city is larger than San Luis, but has its own good feel to it. I stopped in one of the parks to grab a bite to eat, and I must say, that it was the best meal I have had thus far…the dish was called Pollo Tamara…chicken served in a orange sauce with coriander seeds. Tomorrow I will probably head back to the historic district to see if I missed anything special.

Me, Karina, and David at the Ibis Hotel in San Luis...they both spoke English

Me and David...he gave the best advice to me in San Luis

2009 Triumph Scrambler
2011 SUZUKI DL650 VSTROM
Eclecticmale is offline   Reply With Quote