Originally Posted by runnin4melife
I hard wired mine to the battery but after leaving it connected one fateful day and having a dead battery (pop starting a 500lb moto is hard) I opted to install a on/off switch that I have mounted in a similar fashion to the photo that someone posted. Mine is smaller and does not light up (left side of the key).
Guess the GPS model matters. I hardwire to the battery and have left the GPS on for a day or two w/o a problem. The voltage did drop by 0.2 over this time period (I was watching it to determine if drain was an issue).
Garmin Montana with a Ram Mount for me, today. Next week, different mount option.