View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by naginalf View Post
Speaking of WP, I would really like to match the front, but I can't for the life of me find any references to WP rear suspension for our bikes! I've seen plenty of reference to people having them, but can't find new suppliers. Does anyone know how I'd go about getting one?
The WP shock for the GS was an option straight from the factory ("sport suspension" I believe it was called) so a good number of bikes out there have them. They became standard on the GS Basic and Kalahari models as the factory was using up leftover stock. They look like this:

Something similar is still available new from HPN as well as other vendors in Europe. WP USA really only seems to support KTM dirt bikes, so I wouldn't even bother with them. WP UK appears to have a wider offering so maybe check with them to see what's available. I just put a WP shock on my ST and though I haven't ridden it yet, it does feel VERY nice.

WP UK lists two shocks for the R100GS, a nicer reservoir shock and an emulsion shock: 17.06.M7.64/01 and 17.06.M9.64/01 respectively. Try asking WP USA if they can get those part numbers.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote