Thread: 1972 r75/5
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
assquatch20 OP
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,096
Went and had another look today. Guy said it was a '73, showed me the title, but I can't remember. If it is, it must be an early one. The tank badges aren't screwed on, which I think indicates a difference between 1972-73 and I don't think it's a LWB. Also noticed the dual airhorns run off some Sears brand compressor and are scary loud. I might have to hang onto those.

Anyhow he got it running and it idles nicely once it's warm. Still needs a serious cleaning for the entire fuel system, but it ran. Looked like a tiny pinhole in that link pipe/connector thing between the headers, and an exposed hole on the motor beside the dipstick. What is that? Absolutely can't be good to have that open, oil change asap.

I couldn't get the seat to lift, all the way, seemed like the luggage was in the way and the whole seat felt kinda loose. The trim around it needs replaced but the cover looks dandy. From what I could see, though, no tools/pan. In that case, what maintenance tools do I need? I know gauges and the exhaust nut spanners, but what else is necessary to lube the splines and change fluids, etc? Doesn't look like I'll be needing into the tranny/crankcase so that stuff can wait, I hope.

assquatch20 screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 05:43 AM
assquatch20 is offline   Reply With Quote