View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #88
Slowphil OP
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,581
Well, I'm back

I'm not too sure of the history of Palenque they didn't have much information posted around so if I sound kind of vague too bad but each of these buildings are temples dedicated to different rulers

they built aqueducts to carry off the streams and excess water that was around the site, part was uncovered but a large majority was vaulted and run underground

We spent about half a day at the ruins and decided to head on to Comitan which was back toward San Cristobal but closer to the border and about an extra hours travel time

but as we we're packing the bikes back at the hut this lovely young senorita asked if she could have her picture taken on the bike, of course how could I say no

we left Palenque and after about an hour down came the torrential downpour once again, when we reached the turn to go to Comitan we decided discretion was the better part of valour and headed back to the hotel in San Cristobal which was 20 minutes away as opposed to about an hour and a half to Comitan, so ended a very soggy two days
Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote