View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #57
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Trailrider View Post
I will put one vote up for the Shadow mountain rd / 395 meet up location.
If it cuts out pavement riding and it would be easier for me to get to.

But I don't want to miss out on anything fun. So what ever works best for you guys.
Any plans for lunch or should I pack a lunch (something more that trail snacks).

I have to agree with Cbig on the new technology of the newer bikes.
Alot of them are locked up and now only the dealer can make changes to the FI system.
Give me a carborated bike any day.
At least for me...
I understand them and after twenty years of working with them I can tear them apart and put them back together. Even if I had to out on the trail.

Sorry for the ealier commit on you XR600... It is a good bike.
I had a XR650R that was an awesome bike for the desert and open areas.
But it was almost 12 years old... A little on the heavy side and a bitch to start (sometimes).
I am loving my new KTM XC-W 450 and the magic button..!!
Alot has changed in the last 12 years..!!
Shadow Mountain Rd / 395 would work out to about 15 miles pavement of the 100-120 roundtrip from my house. Anything north of my place is 5 miles to dirt, southbound is 1/2 mile to dirt.

I'm fine with meeting up out there for a trail ride, either way its lunch on the trail so bring chow for sure. If we stage at 395 don't have to worry about fuel since it will be a 60 mile or so trail ride.

The 395 spot is a half hour from my house and I have the option of riding my 300XC or 530 dualsport since no plate required for the trail area.