View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #9
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,359
I've got Ohlins on two bikes, I've had WP on my KTMs, Wilbers on my G/S and works shocks. They were/are all great shocks. What you really need to look at is adjustment features. If it's just a run around town type thing you would be OK with just a spring preload, rebound/compression adjustments. If you ride a lot of loaded, unloaded, two up etc., the more adjustments you can get the better.

Stuff like hi and low speed compression and rebound adjustments can make washboard disappear for example. Being able to just go and crank a few turns on a knob for two up riding beats getting the spanner out and resetting the spring prleoad. Plus it gets you out of that sticky "Do I really weigh that much" question.

Also, any shock rebuild, which will come eventually, will cost about the same. I was quoted 400 to have two Ohlins refreshed. With the extra work you want, if you like the shock, go for it. It will be better since you know how it performs already, and you are improving on that performance.

Save lives. Legalize lane sharing.

Cow eyes don't glow.

batoutoflahonda screwed with this post 09-29-2012 at 01:19 AM
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote