View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,265
Getting here ...

I've had the opportunity to travel through work this year and rented a Versys in Kuala Lumpur to visit the Cameron and Genting Highlands back in April.

In July, after a business trip to Dublin, I rented a F650GS from Celtic Rider (highly recommended) and spent a couple of very wet days on the Ring of Kerry and Gap of Dunloe.

Finally, in August, thanks to the generosity of an inmate, I got a day to explore around Sao Paulo, Brazil on an XT660.

So this was the first real outing for me on the F800GS this year. Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao, a quick scoot down the autoroute to Madrid for a work assignment and then down to Malaga to meet up with Vincenzo on his Moto Morini 350 Kanguro. Vincenzo and I had linked up on the Horizon's Unlimited, "Travellers Seeking Travellers" forum and had agreed to rendezvous in Malaga where he stores the Kanguro.

A last minute acquisition of some travel essentials, a poor nights sleep at the Travellers Hostel and the next morning we were off to Algeciras for the noon crossing to Ceuta.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote