View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
naginalf OP
Handy Schtroumpf

Oddometer: 250
What a response, that's some great info guys, thanks! I think, considering that buying new is only a little more than rebuilding mine, as it turns out, and my old one is looking manky, I'd like to get something shiny and GOLD . But then again, I haven't heard back from WP and... ok, the gold things had my attention mostly.

But do any of these options include user serviceability and are willing to sell parts? Why is it that forks are made so user serviceable, but ask for parts for a rear shock and they insist on sending to a dealer? But alas, that's the dealer game. So, what shocks will hold up the best to off road abuse, far from support crews? I'm thinking that hydraulic preload is nice, but I don't mind using a spanner, and... what happens in the case of failure? At any rate, I like to keep it simple, and it saves more than a few bucks. But then again, hmm, basic adjustments, uncomplicated spring adjustment, low cost vs. good shock adjustment, extra hydraulics I'm not fond of, and high cost.

naginalf screwed with this post 09-29-2012 at 11:03 AM Reason: I always find grammar I don't like after posting. Damn my anal retention.
naginalf is offline   Reply With Quote