View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #242
Panny
motorcycle vagabond

Oddometer: 121
German couple riding around the world

Hi!

We are a German couple riding around the world for allmost 2.5 years now.
In mid october weŽll ship our bikes to East Timor. Might take us roughly two month to get to Malaysia (app. mid December?). We havenŽt yet decided, if weŽll stick to West Malaysia or if weŽll do a detour to the east (Borneo), too.

The most important and enjoyable thing about our journey is to meet fellow minded local bike riders/travellers!

If you are interested to meet us, just drop us a message. We would love to stay with you for a night or two and swap some travellerŽs stories or talk about bikes or what ever!

Furthermore we are very interested in the motorcycle club scene. I work as a freelancer for the german MC-magazine (bikers news) and I plan to write an articel about the MC/biker-scene in south-east-asia.
Therefore we would welcome any chance to get an idea of malaysian motorcycle club life or to attend motorcycle meetings.
By the way: how do I have to imagine a malaysian motorcycle rally? Is it like in Europe, where many riders gather somewhere in the nature and camp there? At night thereŽs usually some entertainment programm. How about Malaysia? Or is it more a ride-out and a party in bar, like it is done in some other countries.

Cheers

Panny