View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
hanksmybuddy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Well, I guess I'll keep posting here in Ride Reports until a moderator moves it over to Day Trippin. After the chaos at Deals Gap I started working my way towards a little town called Tellico Plains. Took as much gravel as I could piece together getting there. Ran across some more old homesteads and a couple of local riders.

Scott was camping in his RV and was from the Atlanta area I think. We discussed the merits of riding in shorts I ended up running into Scott later in the day and we had lunch together just outside of Tellico Plains. I ran into him in a motorcycle ship looking at riding pants

Can't remember the name of this local guy out of Knoxville but he was on a brand new GS1200. Had totaled his last one near here when he slammed into a guard rail. Had to have some major surgery but was back at it 3 months later on his new ride.

While in Tellico had to have some boiled peanuts and a cold one....

Found a little cabin to rent for the night. Small but clean....$40.

Love walking around small town America.

Up early the next morning to ride the Cherabola Highway back towards the east. 60 miles of pure bliss. I thought this road was a lot more fun, no traffic (I hit it right at daybreak) and scenic than Hwy 129 "Tail of the Dragon". Took some little side roads but there are alot of closed roads out this way. Shame they have to close everything off. The same thing is happening out west as well.

Plenty of this..... paved and unpaved.

hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote