View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #34
ktmklx OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
After packing up camp it was onto Lake City to get something to eat. It was just before 11:00 when we got to Lake City we saw 2 restaurants in town, the first one we stopped at was kinda of an artsy fartsy type place that was transitioning between breakfast and lunch and didn't seem to interested in serving some dirty bikers. We went across the street to Sportsman's BBQ Station, this stop was much more to our liking. Pulled pork sandwiches, old wood floors with wide cracks and 40 year old beer signs, this is more like it. Friendly people running the place too. While we were eating our sandwiches Mike announced that he was going to take the main highways to Dove Creek and not ride the passes, he told Alex and I to go ahead on the planned route. So now it was decision time, do we all stick together and take the highway and skip one of the highlights of the trip or do we split up as Mike suggests? I am not thrilled about Mike riding by himself, but damn this is why we came out here. Alex wants nothing to do with the highway and is ready for some challenging riding. I don't want to talk Mike into riding the passes because he got pissed off at me yesterday for talking him up Marshall pass.

We decided to split up and meet in Dove Creek at 8:00 pm. It was a stand up move by Mike to offer going alone and I appreciated it, he knew how much Alex and I wanted to ride the passes.

Alex and I leaving Sportsman's, while Mike breaks away on his own.
ktmklx is offline   Reply With Quote