View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,866
Fez ...

Morocco has three ancient Imperial cities with old Medinas; Fez, Meknes and Marrakech. I can't comment on Meknes but if you've got a choice and want to spend some time in one of them, make it Fez, not Marrakech.

Fez is a medina where you're invited to smile, you're invited to view people's wares, where you're invited to enjoy life. Marrakech is a medina where you're targeted as a money provider; it truly sucks. I've just spent the day with my wife in the medina in Marrakech. I was harassed numerous times for money, five times hawkers tried to lead us off the main thoroughfare and, presumably, to their shop. Two were particularly rude when I politely declined. Why anyone wants to come to Marrakech when Fez is so delightful is beyond me.

Vincenzo and I spent a great day in the medina at Fez, ate super tajines, changed money, found an internet cafe but ultimately failed to source the correct spark plugs for the Kanguro.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN

Wildman screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 12:21 PM
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote