View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
hanksmybuddy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Screwed around all day taking some side roads. Destination was the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge http://www.ironhorsenc.com/ . Dan had told me about it and figured I'd try and end up there for the night.

Road going somewhere...

Rolled into the Ironhorse and was hoping to stay in one of their bunkhouse/hostel type rooms. No luck as a large group had them all booked up. They did however have one private room left. As it was getting late and I didn't want to ride anymore I stated I'd take it without asking the price. Dumb ass! $100 . If camping or staying in one of the bunkhouses this place would be a great place to stop. Lots of bikers and a really clean area. They don't have a resturant but do serve an evening meal and breakfast. You sign up and they serve for a two hour period. Food wasn't that great but it filled the gut. You get two choices for the evening meal. Neither choice was going to win any culinary awards. After settling in to the room I walked over to the building labeled Cantina in search of a cold beer. No joy! Found out I was in a dry county and you can't buy a friggin beer! What bunch of morons came up with that local regulation. Lady stated that everybody stops about 12 miles back in the wet county and brings it with them. No cold one tonite Super nice people though and a nice place.

hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote