Old 09-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
chollo9 OP
Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
Chollo,

It's you. What is it?
It's me. What am I? You barely know me, yet you know me so well!

Here's a pic of the "dash".

From the front of the bike, with the windshield covering everything, it doesn't look so foreign. The box holds all of the wiring connections, since there is no large headlight bucket to stuff them all in. On the business side, I wanted the instruments, et al just below my line of sight so I wouldn't have to look down all of the time, that has always bugged me with conventional gauge placement. A GPS will go on the flat panel. Those are just simple LED idiot lights to the right of the speedo/tach unit (charging, turn, beam, OP). Not to everyone's taste, I'm sure, but it was function driven, along with my capabilities, what was available, and budget. Honestly, I'm not very impressed with the Vapor tach/speedo. It's small, and they tried to cram too much information into the space available. I only got it because of the tach function and now I'm thinking a digital only tach, versus this digital/bar graph combo might have suited me better. Oh well, nothing that can't be sold off and redone.