View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #49
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Rider View Post
My main concerns with the F650GS, the F800GS, and likely the new F700GS are these.

1.) Poor quality fuel injectors.

2.) Improperly toleranced rear hubs leading to repeated premature bearing failure.

I wonder if these issues have been positively addressed in the 2013 models?
1 What is so poor about the Bosch injectors? They are Bosch EV14 compact type. Used in a lot of vehicles. An off the shelf item. Injectors are pretty simple, this is new and improved with 7 orifices instead of 1 or 4. That makes the individual holes smaller. Don't run crap gas or use an injector cleaner and you should not have a problem.

2. I suspect the first batch of of wheel hubs had some constricted bores. Probably a worn boring tool at the supplier. Reports of bad bearings come and go. BMW seem to change bearing suppliers and is lackadaisical about how much grease is in them. When I changed my tire the first time I added more.

I should start a front axle is going break thread. BMW recalled 758 front axles in the US because they were too thin. I got one of those, they were on bikes made in July and August 2008. I am still surprised it is not all over the Internet. I guess not every owner belongs to ADV.