View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #44
CallMeBoog
hi functioning idiom

Oddometer: 5,778
awesome! You're really making me homesick here!

I was born in Bella Coola, lived in Dease Lake, lived in Cassiar for 8 years (when it was still a town), that pic of Boya Lake almost brought tears to my eyes - that was where I learned how to swim as a kid. from northern BC I moved to the Yukon, where I lived for most of my life. I started High School in Faro, then half way through eighth grade, moved to Dawson City where I graduated in 2001. I used to go Caribou hunting at glacier creek, about 120 km north of eagle plains. I used to ride my trusty TW200 all around the bonanza creek area near dawson.

I moved to whitehorse, where I did my carpentry apprenticeship, and lived there until 2008. My mom, stepdad and sister are still in whitehorse. My mom is an engineer at the hydro dam, and my sister manages one of the shopper's drug marts. My stepdad is a maintenance general foreman at a silver mine in Elsa, YT.

I met my girl there, now my wife. a transplanted east coaster that fell for the lore of the untamed north...except all she found was me. she coaxed me off my mountain and down to the sea, I'm sitting looking out at a coastline, reading your ride report of a place I still think of as my home, and always will.

Great RR friend, thanks for taking us along.

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote