View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #14
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,598
Day five ...

Next morning, my knee was no better. Clearly the efficacy of, "the butter that's lived for 30 years" is in question. After hobbling down to breakfast I packed the bike and headed out quite early to ride up to Todra Gorge and Dades. Once on the bike my knee proved no problem at all.

Todra was, to be honest, a little disappointing. I'm sure that it's geologically interesting but I found it to be drab and unexciting, full of tourist coaches. I rode six or seven miles past the narrowest part of the gorge in search of the track across to Dades but the deteriorating road quality and resultant slow speed encouraged me to u-turn and travel via the main road.

Dades was much better but the weather was closing in with more thunder storms encouraging me to press on to Ouarzazate. The road was good, the bike was set up perfectly, the scenery spectacular across the plateau with views north to the High Atlas and south and I was really enjoying the ride.

Ouarzazate, the, "door of the desert" and the largest of the southern oases eventually came into view.

Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote