View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #15
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,720
Day six ...

The last day of serious riding in Morocco; just 125 miles from Ouarzazate into Marrakech but what a day! The Tizi-n-Tichka pass stretches for the vast majority of that 125 miles.

My pictures don't do justice to the altitude, technical complexity and stunning scenery of the ride.

Temperatures varied during the ride from 28C (82F) to 7.5C (45F) as I climbed through the pass. I rode through gorgeous sunlight and torrential downpour. The road quality is generally good but with some degradation apt to catch you out mid-corner. It was sobering to witness a car being winched up having gone over the edge and down into one of one of the ravines. I took my time and riding into Marrakech I passed five police check points as the King of Morocco was in town but eventually, the haven of the Sofitel in Marrakech where I'd planned a little luxury break with my wife came into view. I arrived literally five minutes before her. Perfect!
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote