View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #42
Merlin III
Mean SOB

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOutThere View Post
Wright is what is marked on the tools. And they are very nicely made. Overall, it's really a great product from Adventure Designs even though it is a bit spendy but that's got to be because the US made tools are going to be way more expensive than Chinese made.

Hate to sound too jingoistic here, but just when does one start to realize that keeping jobs in the US involves paying a bit more for US labor? Not that buying a tool roll is going to change our balance of payments problems with China but philosophically when and where does one start supporting US made products at a sacrifice out of our own pockets? Addiction to cheap foreign labor has already ruined numerous US companies and industries and everybody realizes it. Somehow the next President (whether O or R) must find a theme and an economic course of action that will start the reversal.
Thanks! I agree with you 100 percent. It is just not a matter of jobs anymore-China is cranking out the aircraft carriers now with American money. Oops, sorry for getting off topic.
From the Wright web site:"Made Entirely in the U.S.A.
From the design and engineering to the forging and finishing, all work on Wright tools is performed in the United States by skilled American workers. We do not use foreign blanks or forgings. Even the steel we use is American-made."

Order placed!
"I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure about anything." Richard Feynman, CalTec Scientist, Challenger Disaster Committee member.
Merlin III is offline   Reply With Quote