I haven't been sitting idle, just had a set back. The right side top end has a lot of old gas/rust in it, so I pulled it and I'm trying to get the blasted header un-seized from it so I can clean it out. New tires are on, old wiring harness is off. New wiring harness is in place but not hooked up. Frame and engine have been scrubbed and new euro bars are on.
The tank is in a vinegar soak currently, before I start using the POR15 kit. Also, 15 year old gas smells HORRIBLE.
My brother has a spare gasket kit for the top end, in addition to push rod seals. I helped him install an endura last on his toaster in exchange for those on the cheap. Doing everything I can to stay under that $2,000 mark!
Funny story time. I keep 3 bikes in a row in the basement (others are stored off to the side,) the bultaco, r90 and r75. As I was pulling the top end off the r75, a water main busted right above all 3 bikes. Living in Atlanta, for some stupid reason, I can't shut off my water main at the street with out some proprietary tool. Being sunday, the water dept is not open. Their emergency line really doesn't get someone out there fast. As gallons of water is pouring out, I call 911 and get the firemen down there to turn it off. The bikes were under the water for about 10-15 mins before I could pull them out. Firemen got there and shut it off later. I cleaned all the mess up, fixed the pipe and the atlanta water came out and turned it back on the next day. The dude accidentally left his tool to do so, so I win.
Looks like no water got in the cylinder/engine of the r75 :)