View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #127
andrewgore OP
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,349
Just read the results from the enduro. I think they messed up the numbering, or didn't put someone on the list? Looks like I shoulda gotten 3rd

http://www.midwestenduros.com/RaceRe...sults_2012.pdf

Open B 2 Shaffer Finney 12 51 x x
Open B 3 Paul Fabrizius 12 54 x
Open B 4 Andrew Gore 12 55 x x
Open B 5 Craig Capps 12 71 x

Also looks as though I got 10th\30 overall B & somewhere mid pack overall A\B

Not too bad, especially if I would have kept it on 2 wheels more than I did.

I spent some time at a local MX Track (Byron, IL) on Saturday. My neighbor who has been riding\racing MX forever twisted my arm to get out there and ride. He rides a YZ450F, so I figured it'd be a good opportunity to try out his bike and see if I'd like to switch to one for next years racing. I was a bit apprehensive, as the Mighty XR is no MX machine, but figured what the heck, worst case, I crash it, pick it up and keep riding. I immediately had fun on the thing out on the track, but obviously found it lacking in some areas (brakes, suspension). I was a bit leary of hitting some of the doubles on it, so initially just rolled some of them. I then took my neighbors bike out for a few laps, and felt comfortable gapping all the jumps right off the bat. It had all the power needed to just rip the throttle and clear whatever I needed to. This led to me hopping back on the XR and proceeding to suck it up and gap some of the bigger jumps I was scared to do on it earlier. The bike took the jumps in stride. Unfortunately after a few more laps, I pinch flatted the front tire on the face of a roller. I spent the rest of the afternoon riding on the YZ450F. Once I really began to trust it on turns, I was able to really do some solid riding on it. Though it's still got me scratching my head as to what bike to race for next year.

Andrew

EDIT - After riding close to 2 motos worth on Saturday, my body is 100% destroyed. I've got sore muscles that I never knew existed. I see why my neighbor told me to use MX as cross-training for woods racing.

andrewgore screwed with this post 10-01-2012 at 12:23 PM
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote