View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #27
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc917 View Post
if you get a chance.stop at asilah.between rabat + tangier.nice chilled wee town.the people are brilliant,well they are to scotsmen,but i'm biased
I'll tell 'em you sent me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1 View Post
Looks awesome! Will use this a s a reference if we get chance to make it to Africa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrider View Post
great RR Wildman, hope the knee is better, maybe you needed some grape jam on it with that 30yr butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrider View Post
So the wife and I are looking at a trip to Morocco in a few weeks, any signs of anti-US sentiment, or as usuall it's isolated and over blown by the media? And I assume you suggest renting a car (bike not an option right now) to see the the country on our own pace rather than a mega tour bus?
Have been asked if I'm American several times but then I have a slightly unusual accent having lived seven years outside of the UK. Don't know how they would have responded if I'd said, "yes" but no noticeable American animosity here that I've seen. There are lot's of buses; Vincenzo took one down to Merzouga and an Italian couple who were staying at Dar Warde in Fez with us were touring Morocco by bus, stopping off for a few days when they wanted to. Big old Mercedes taxi's run regular routes picking up anyone who hails until they're full but hiring a car is probably the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolman View Post
Great ride report and photography Wildman! Your F800GS looks fantastic and hopefully it has turned out to be an excellent bike choice for you.

Thanks for taking the time to post,
Cheers poolman; love the F800GS, brilliant bike for this kind of trip!
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote