View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #66
Dr. Greg OP
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,131
My WV plans...

Well, I have a tentative plan for the next couple of days...

With some assistance (thanks, DCRider) I've decided to make tomorrow (Tuesday, 10/2) a short day and ride to Summersville, WV and stay in some motel there.

Then, on Wednesday, is the EPIC day in West "By God" Virginia (I just like typin' that). I'm gonna leave Summersville, WV and take WV 41 to Craigsville, then WV 15 to Valley Head, WV, then WV 55/US 219/250 N as far as I-68 (I think). Or I might camp at Blackwater Falls SP, if it looks nice.

It should be a sunny, epic, beautiful day of Fall colors and wonderful backcountry West Virginia ("almost Heaven") roads. I can't wait. There'll be lots of pics.

Depending on where I stay tomorrow night in Summersville, maybe I'll update again from there.

Cheers,

--Doc

PS. Oh yeah, almost finished watchin' the Moto2 race, then gotta watch MotoGP (fairly slow Wi-Fi connection at this motel, but I'll survive). Then I'll finish just in time for the MNF game, which (although I'm not a big NFL fan) features the Chicago Bears, and my ol' buddy (and University of New Mexico "colleague") Brian Urlacher. Although coming from Eastern New Mexico, he's almost an honorary "Texan."
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote