View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #13
hanksmybuddy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
While staying at the Ironhorse introduced myself to a rider by the name of Kent who was riding a KLR and camping. He was from the Atlanta area and knew the area well. In fact, he was a contractor and helped build one of the buildings at the Ironhorse and knew the owner. He showed me some stuff on a map and then invited me to ride along with him the following day. Sweet.....I'm in. He comes up and rides a few times a year and knows the area. He also rides a Harley and has put something like 60K miles on it in 3 years!. Had dinner with him that night and met the owner of the Ironhorse. We talked motorcycles for hours and then met up the following morning at breakfast for an early departure. Fell in behind Kent and just followed. Perfect day ..... weather, riding, views, great people.

Explored a side road two track that looked really promising but the Tenere, especially since it wasn't mine, was a little large for it. Wish I'd of been on something a little smaller and we would have seen where it ended up. It really started dropping and I didn't want to get that pig down there and not be able to get it out.

Was a great day riding with Kent. We parted ways as I had to get back to Townsend and Kent was staying another night at the Ironhorse. Following day my girfriend picked me up and we did some hikes and visited the Biltmore House in Asheville. If you haven't been to this, go. It's friggin expensive, $59, but worth it. Really interesting tour of the place and the lives they lived.

Was a great trip. Thanks for looking.

hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote