View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,630
1. My 1150GS is the only transportation I've got, so if I want to go somewhere, I've got no other option.

2. I live in the Northeast, not exactly handy for the TAT or CDT - getting to and from the trailhead with gear for a week is a long day on a 650. Its a much longer day on a 250... The 1150 makes the ride to and from a genuine pleasure. And trailering isn't an option without first buying a car/truck/trailer setup... Yeah. I've got too many other projects going to waste money on a vehicle just to transport a vehicle and then be forced into riding a loop just to get home.

3. Its not about the bike. I'm amazed at how many people don't realize the machine is only one variable in the math. I don't have a dirt bike background, I came across from DH and XC mountain bike riding, so I don't really know any better... Yeah, I've been in some pretty ugly situations, but of the dozens of times I've gotten to a place where I'm shaking my head and wondering how I'm going to get out of it, I've had to call for help exactly twice.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote