View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #37
Snarky
Vodka Infused.

Oddometer: 1,342
The big issue it how far do you want to travel and how fast? After a couple of highway hours, I found my 225 single to be annoying. The lack of speed plus thumping got on my nerves.

The 650 Versys was great for a while, but it also felt strained at 80mph and I didnt have a lot of confidence in it surviving too many 8+ hour trips at high speed in heat.

The GSA is at least easier to service than that bike. Valve inspections are nothing serious. It's even easier to change tires and check the air filter. Plus the fuel lasts a good while longer.

That makes it easier to keep serviced after a ton of miles. Plus its fast, smooth, and comfortable.

If the offroad activity was in my back yard. Ida take a dirt bike. If its across town, ida take a small dual sport ~250. If its across the state, take a medium dual sport 400-650. Across the country? A heavier bike near the liter area.

Yeah youre more miserable offroad , but at least the 90% other section of your trip werent also miserable.
Pledge today! Service guarantees citizenship. @ http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com Thanks.

Snarky screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 12:10 PM
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote