View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #103
roger 04 rt OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutard View Post
Good stuff. These Spark-Advance/TPS/RPM graphs really get inside the brain of the Motronic.

If this is true, would it make the GS's different coding plug irrelevant?
Since the 1150 GS has different heads, cams and intake manifolds I believe there ARE differences in the VE (fueling) and Spark Advance tables. I plan to put a GS Coding Plug in my bike to see if there are any obvious Spark Advance differences.

What I was getting at with my comment is that I see several ways to adjust the fueling of the 1150 but I see no real way to adjust timing. Timing looks like a very dynamic matrix that you might change by swapping coding plug but not be able to effectively adjust by several degrees to a new value. For instance you can use a Wideband O2 to adjust closed loop fueling 4% richer or use a powerfommander to shift fueling but I don't see a way to adjust timing by 3 degrees at 5000 RPM with 50 degrees of throttle.

When I get a chance I will plot the 1150 GS plug. Then at least we will know the landscape.

It is also worth mentioning (even though I didn't plot it) that the dwell angle is very dynamic and changes somewhat differently from the advance curve. So the dwell time is variable based on TPS and RPM.

roger 04 rt screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 12:37 PM
roger 04 rt is offline   Reply With Quote