Thread: GatosBros
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #71
RobertoGatos
Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer: 57
Made this carbon / Kevlar mudflap a few years ago for my CRFX when I was just learning about composites and mold making. The part itself turned out ok (first part and mold I ever made), but I really liked the process and possibilities of composites. Been learning ever since. After 2 years of tires wearing on it, rocks smacking into it, and all the other abuse a mudflap takes, the thing is still looking great and strong as ever.

We sold most our Hondas and are riding KTM's now. My brothers and I have been REALLY unhappy with how quickly those mudflaps get holes blown thorough them and the bottom halves worn off. With a new tire, the mudflap has a peep hole in less than a few hundred miles. A short while later they look like this:

The floppy EVA KTM mudflaps are not the only ones with this issue, here is Jesse's PP mud flap off his XR650R:

So far we have five aluminum molds finished and we are beginning to setup manufacturing. Just wanted to share with you guys and see what you think. Applications we have covered so far include:

KTM big bikes 1998+
XR650R all years
CRF250R 04-05
CRF250X 04-08

We will be making a few more molds shortly to fit the Honda 450's and most Yamaha's. -More depending on interest level. Color will be the same as your bike manufacturer:

UPDATE:

We just got our mold for 2007 / 2008 and newer KTM's ready for production. Just going to test out a few more layups before we put them up on the site. So far they've been bombproof. Shoot me a PM if you would like me to notify you when they become available!

RobertoGatos screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 05:05 PM
RobertoGatos is offline   Reply With Quote