View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #25
skysailor OP
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,341
So, everything's all set to go (I thought?) at the shop. I landed early yesterday, called them and said I was riding into Winnipeg to pick up the bike. Well, the bike hasn't had a PDI. They're open till 8:00 (it's about 2:30 and I can be there by 5:30. It's a 2.5 hour ride and I would have to collect some crap (second key for the Bandit, owner's manual, a couple of oil filters etc., to go with the bike) Problem is, the "back end" shuts down at 4:30, so they wouldn't have time to do the PDI before I got there, and there would be nobody to look at my trade. How long does a PDI take? An hour? So, I worked all day today, and tomorrow. Thursday and Friday are going to be the shits for weather......sumer is OVER! I'd like the bike, but the window of opportunity has slammed shut.
A little disappointed they didn't do the inspection several days earlier. I thought it was a "done deal", Guess they didn't?
Meanwhile, the Bandit soldiers on. Temped to just keep it, and ride the DR in the gravel.
Perhaps I'm expecting too much....but I'm willing to part with the better part of 13K, I thought it would be smoother.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote