View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #93
mspa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Disston, does this mean I have to "learn the metric system" ??? I've never been good at that. Just kidding of course. I think I can manage to stick with metric. But that means I have to get a 22mm bar one day

Wirespokes, what are "wave washers" ?

Thanks on the voltage regulator. I'll see about that next time I'm down. Speedo is working (still)

It's funny how as soon as I start thinking about paying attention to one part of the bike, another part asks for attention . . . when I really didn't want to give it attention.

I ordered parts to fix my center stand. Now my side kickstand spring is not snapping the kickstand back when I lift up. Some people would love that. I miss having it do that. I can see that part of the center stand support is pushing against the other spring.

The weather has gotten colder in the last day and my start this morning took too long. I'm going to try something a little different tomorrow, that Wirespokes suggested. Mainly don't continue trying to start and choke that bike. The idle seems good, and I'm hoping it's not something else . . .

The front end is feeling a little instable and I might be getting paranoid at this point, but I'm wondering if there is something "off" with my front tire, or maybe the front forks are contributing? I think I need to do some research and plan on spending some time this Saturday working on this. I need more time, money and it would be nice to have an extra pair of eyes and hands.

1978 BMW R100S "bitza" (R80/7 frame)
mspa is offline   Reply With Quote