View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 06:17 AM   #13
norton73 OP
drinkin'

Oddometer: 8,259
back on track

Well, between the weather being great for riding, a few long trips, and the powder coater's equipment breaking down, I'm finally getting back to the R80ST. I've gotta get it done, 'cause I've got at least four more project bikes to do, a 1975 Norton Commando for my wife, a 1951 AJS 500cc single that I'm going to build up as a street scrambler, a 1967 Bultaco M49 trials bike, and the one I'm most exited about, a 1961 Matchless G3C, a 350cc trials bike.
Getting back to the task at hand however, I started to get all the parts out of the attic and start reassembly. As indicated earlier, I have a R100GS subframe that I want to use. Almost immediatly, I ran into the first problem;

As you can see, the leading edge of the rear fender is going to be rubbing the tire when the suspension depresses. I'd kinda thought that might be a problem, so hadn't sent the bodywork out to be painted yet.
Options are to use a heat gun and try to bend the fender forward, redrill the holes and try to relocate the fender, or just replace it with a Acerbis rear fender.

More pictures of the gap;

and there's still other stuff to consider, such as the muffler and saddlebag mounts

norton73 screwed with this post 11-01-2005 at 06:36 AM Reason: can't count
norton73 is offline   Reply With Quote