View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #30
naginalf OP
Handy Schtroumpf

Oddometer: 250
Thanks for the suggestion Biebs. I do like Progressive and have used them in the past, good company, good service in my experience. However, they can offer things so cheap because they don't do custom work. The biggest reason for this rebuild/replacement in my case is the need for a bigger spring. Progressive offers only one spring for their shock (unless I'm mistaken), although for additional cost, I'm sure you could get it custom sprung. With Ohlins, Wilbers, or Yacuga, I can get an emulsion shock (or even better in the ohlins I think) for only $50-100 more than that, and have it both custom sprung and valved.

But I'd definitely recommend Progressive as a good, inexpensive replacement for the more average sized rider. And, in addition to Works, they are also a US based supplier!

As for the group buy, yes I would like to go through Ted Porter when he gets back to me on the subject. Although, I've already gotten a rather nice group offer from the UK company that AW mentioned, FTR Suspension, for 20% off for 5 orders. Even with the exchange rate at stock prices, they are $30 cheaper (made up by expense of shipping tho), but at 20% off that makes the F-RS cost only... let's see, stock price in USD is $925, 20% off makes it $740, shipping was quoted at $104, however that was shipped to individual doors. I can probably do a lot better than that having it shipped to a freight dock here at work and individually shipping them when they get here for much less.

Anyway, nothing official to offer at this point, when I get official information, I may start a group buy thread, or Ted Porter may start one of his own as a vendor, he certainly doesn't need my help to do so. Despite possibly cheaper prices from FTR, I'd rather go through the US distributor of course, I'm sure he gets the same price break as the UK guys, but if you're in Europe, you should definitely look up FTR, they are very prompt, courteous, and helpful, and have awesome prices! A UK based group buy would only cost 460 each for 5 people or more to get a kick ass, full featured shock, custom built to their specs.

naginalf screwed with this post 10-03-2012 at 11:33 AM
naginalf is offline   Reply With Quote