View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #32
naginalf OP
Handy Schtroumpf

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO LOBO View Post
AFAIK, the Ohlins dealers only re-spring the shocks in the sales price... re-valving is not included and costs extra.

If you've found an Ohlins dealer that also included valving, please share who they are!
Don't they set the valving up at the factory to match the appropriate spring rate, I know it's general, but I'd think that would be necessary. Of course with fully adjustable model, probably not necessary. I just figured that post sale valving would cost extra. I'm not 100% on Yacuga or Wilbers, but I think Yacuga is offering theirs with custom valving and spring, and Works valves them properly setup from the factory. Anyway, I was just making a general point, sorry for the misinformation if so. Works were absolutely insistent that their shock would not work with a bigger spring without revalving, so I'm not sure how the others are getting away with that. If that's the case, then buying an emulsion shock from the other companies would be silly for a person like me. Geez, it's always the fine print that getsya.

But that fits with my options anyway, either I'll rebuild, revalve, and respring the Works, or I'm going top of the line where the adjustability makes revalving unnecessary (right?).

naginalf screwed with this post 10-03-2012 at 12:13 PM
naginalf is online now   Reply With Quote