View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #247
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
We're working on another run of V2 skid plates now and I though I'd mention a few new details:

BTW all of our V2 skid plates (past and present) will fit the 2013 F800 & F700 GSs.

We started putting two small vents on the bottom to help with drawing air in from underneath when the bike is going very slowly (read: technical riding). More air to the engine is always a good thing! They are positioned strategically in a supported area so they won't compromise the strength of the bottom. This was a design update that was already implemented on the the previous run.

We have also been getting some great feedback form some particularly "abusive" riders and we will have some improvements to the front bracket to make it, and the whole system even stronger. The great news here is that of course it will fit older generation skid plates too.

The Tool Box will of course also fit all generations of skid plates including the new ones:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=750749&page=7

More news and pics as I have it...they are expected to be available in the beginning of November.

Dave