View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #38
naginalf OP
Handy Schtroumpf

Oddometer: 250
Thanks AW and Ignatz for the clarification.

So I just found this after some digging around the Works site. I'm not impressed that they don't describe their function more clearly, but it sounds like a comparable system to shim stacks, and although I don't like not being able to adjust that valve with shims, their service looks to be top notch. So thanks guys, looks like a rebuild is in my near future, that is indeed the best deal I'm seeing now.

"
  • Q: What does your re-valve consist of?
  • A: A Works' re-valve is called the Heart Transplant. We replace the stock piston with the patented Works Performance check-ball and spring piston, piston ring and valving components. Most other shock tuners re-valves consist of adding or removing a few shims. With a Works' re-valve you get a complete piston assembly, and for about the same price. The Heart Transplants are custom-valved to your vehicle, your riding weight and the kind of riding or racing that you do. All this for $179.00. If you need seals and the shaft bushing replaced, these repairs can be included for an additional $25.00 to $50.00, depending on what is necessary."
Now, next question . This ultrasport shock has adjustable rebound and an expansion chamber. Compression adjustment is simply adjusting the valve that goes to the rez, so is there any way to add that adjustable valve to my current system and get some compression adjustment? Or perhaps the way that works has their piston valving setup as described above, renders this unnecessary.

Edit: Ok, decision made, just found this and any company who readily hands out a service manual is great in my book (although I'll still send it in for the work)! Works rebuild it is!

naginalf screwed with this post 10-03-2012 at 02:14 PM
naginalf is offline   Reply With Quote