View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #1306
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Yeah you are.... Rallying in my eyes is about being able to adapt and having the spirit to survive, not being factory sponsored, babied, and all that fluffy shit. You ride fast, break shit, fix shit, have fun, and make other people want to do it. I think that's what rallying is about. It's funny, when I think back on the 2 races I've done, my most cherished moments are with others. Usually transiting with JJ and Pete, or hauling ass back to service with those guys after tightening up the final drive and pouring stolen ATF fluid in it. !!! (Thanks Pete and Ryan!).
Man that is a story for the records as well, isnt it? haha- I love that living off the land thing, although its definitely much nicer not have to do that :lol

THats really very nice what you say- and OK, I'll buy it. There's always something cleverer than yourself, and one shouldnt get too tied up in results, unless you are trying to make a living of some kind off of it, rather than making a life of it.

something like that.

The irnoy right now, haha, is that I just went back and checked on the R65's previous results on '09 and '10, and honestly they dont look significantly different than mine. So I feel a lot better, although I wish I rode faster, regardless. The 12 hour penalty didnt help one bit, although I would have scored many places higher, even with the every-tipover-is-going-to-cost-you-two-hours-of-repair-time. If Paul thinks I should have been faster, well, there's not necessarily a precedent for that, anywhere. Major rationalizations, bwhatthehell

I feel like thanks to Paul and the gang I have a rough idea of what it takes... I think I can do it again, if I just have enough spares :lol and if I built the bike, I'm pretty sure I would be able to fix almost anything on it.

HEY are you doing Sandblast? :Ear