View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #102
kruk
n00b

Oddometer: 5
So maybe I will tell you about my experience with F800GS ;)
Got it with 2000miles on the clock 2011model. all possible extras fitted. In may I took it for my Georgia (around black sea) trip all together 8000miles. On a motorways it was basically to slow for me and very poor wind / weather protection, even with MRA tall touring screen, over 70mph vibrations and wind take the whole pleasure of riding. But motorways is not the environment for the bike. so lets talk about offroad ;) In Georgia after 25miles of not too hard offroad at 2200m.a.s.l the rear shock absorber broken down - oil leak. so back down hill with no oil only on the spring. cutting story short no one could fix it in georgia, bmw uk advised me to get to ukraine and get it fixed in Odessa bmw dealer, after 3 days and 500pounds i got to the dealer, a man in the service was quite nice, I explained him what's the problem and his respond was: that's not a problem we can order the shock absorber for you, should be with us in 3 weeks, so what do we do? 3week?!! bla bla bla got it working temporally and in uk got it replaced on a warranty but now got some engine problems, sometimes it sound like 2 stroke but not every time, because the fault is intermittent it is difficult to fix it as every time i take it to the dealer it does work ok!
so now waiting to save some money and getting new 990 adventure in march 2013
anyone interested in buying amazing f800gs? ;)

kruk screwed with this post 10-04-2012 at 12:10 PM
kruk is offline   Reply With Quote