View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
killfile
49/50

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernon dent View Post
ick Brett is probably the most knowledgeable and comprehensive collector/restorer/retailer of early kawasaki's in the world.
i disagree with your statement that the internet has grossly over inflated a bike or a bike parts worth. i think its just the opposite.
Yes, thank god that bike is in Rick's hands now. He fixes them up and sells his work for a profit, which is very different than buy a bike and simply passing it along for 5x the price.
I don't see how you can say the net has brought prices down. It has made parts more available and easier to find, but they are at a premium now. This price increase has filtered down to even the swamp meets out here, where every Tom Dick and Harry thinks the rusty parts they bring to the swaps are coated in gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
given the condition of that bike what was he supposed to pay for it. that thing had more issues than bikes that are on ships sunken during WW2.
Vernon paid a low amount for the bike and then sold it to someone else for 5x the price, without doing a single thing to it. From this post, I'm assuming that's common behavior for him, hence my post.

Valleyrider is right, good luck with the crank seals, and don't forget the 1400 cc improvement while you are in there.