View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #72
kramsetac
The Dude Abides

Oddometer: 143
Regarding the 610 kickstand: I'd be interested in a direct thread on here or on Cafe Husky for the aftermarket stand to fit a 610. As it turns out, I was only without a stand for the first four day loop. I had brought my 310 along as a backup bike and had it locked up back in Denio Junction. I bolted it onto the 610 and was good to go the rest of the week -- although the spring didnt work, so I had to secure it in the up position with an big innertube rubber band. The 310 stand was just a tad too long, though, so had to be careful about where to park out on the trail.

I looked around a bit upon our return and couldnt find an aftermarket stand (guess I didnt look hard enough) so bought a stocker replacement -- which is too short.

The problem with the stand that broke is that it had been cut and extended -- twice -- by the previous owner. It first started bending, then snapped, at the exact point of extension. Rather than cutting into the new one, I have left it unmodified and was going to experiment with a home made foot extension (copying the design of a Touratech model for a GS).

With a lead on the pictured aftermarket, I'll pull the trigger and put my new stocker into a "spares" box...

Ok, done with the hijack and on with the ride report!!!

Mark.

'06 TE610
'05 R1200GS
'02 200EXC
kramsetac is offline   Reply With Quote