View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
iriebelle OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
So here's the whole story. The guy who owns the bike has a hand full of different bikes that he doesn't/cant ride (one of them being a 1974 ducati 750 which is just heartbreaking to see it sit) and he has asked me to borrow it for a couple years and just keep it ridden. Well as the title of the post says it has been sitting for five years and needs all of the usual stuff. I let him know all of this and have started the conversion with him about me buying off of him. I have wanted one of these for a while and the fact that is it an s model makes it even sweeter. I do all of my own work so no mechanic needed. I have never owned a BMW bike (used to have 1974 2002 model) so i am new to the unique design. Another thing to mention is that I redid the compression test and they were both at 160 so there is nothing to worry about there. If I could get this thing for $500-$1000 is that reasonable or too much? Here is the list so far as I see it. tires, wheel bearings Brake pads lines, shocks rebuilt, new handle bar mounted mc, head bearing look see, cleaning electrical contacts, gaskets and seals almost everywhere, paint, and new single tail section. I think that is a good start. Thanks for all of the input so far. If it would let me I would post some pictures. The color to me right now is that orangy red with a painted picture of the bike on the tank. Those links are great for parts. I think it is safe to say that I have already gotten attached to her in my garage next to the klr, and i would love to have a project for this winter.

iriebelle screwed with this post 10-04-2012 at 09:18 PM
iriebelle is offline   Reply With Quote