View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #78
DUCKSPANKER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Day 3

Day started with a great breakfast at the Outdoor Inn and after helping Mike get his bike turned around on that nasty powerline road we hit the main road up the pass, we stopped about half way and layered up and put on jackets the wind was kicking up and the temps were dropping fast.

Made it!

Notice the SAW on Dr Dan's backpack it came in handy last year but I'm sure the only reason he took it this year is he thinks it makes him look badass.

Wild Bill ready for action!

WOW! that gear is almost as tall as Scott.

Exploring the ridgeline covered with pea sized gravel

We lost alot of time on this road the views were Amazing!

I dont think Mark put his camera back in his case for over an hour.

Get a good look at Marks Husky its one of the last times you will see it for a few days with a kick stand in action.

Back to the heat of the valley floor.

I did not take my camera out too much after this, I was getting beat down from a long days ride I think we all were at this time so Dr Dan was on the look out for a camping spot before we run out of daylight.

Camp! and just in time the sun was on the way down, great spot but the ground was as hard as steel, bent a few tent stakes and cut my hand good on one but lucky for me Dan and Scott helped me set up the rest of my tent while I mended my wound. Some how my bike turned into the a battery charging station for everyones gps,gopro and camera batteries good thing I had a newer battery on the bike on the morning of day 4 it was below freezing and everything was covered in frost.
DUCKSPANKER is offline   Reply With Quote