View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-DTW View Post
Great looking bike! I have to get a pair of the JL pipes! I hope to this winter! I lived in Canada for a few years and my bike came available through the local paper. I knew of them, but never saw one. When I went to see it, I fell in love quickly. $2,800 later, I took it home. The person I bought it from actually rode it in an enduro, some of the cosmetics need some attention. Like yours, it is my general purpose go to bike. Fun to ride and always ready for a wheelie! I especially love when it gets over 6000 rpms and settles into the turbine smooth sweet spot. I have about 23,000 miles on it and have had it for about 10 years. Last fall I got a Super Tenere, while I enjoyed it, I always found myself going back to the TDR. I sold the Super T last week to rebuild/restore the TDR. I own quite a few bikes, but the TDR is my fav. No, it is not for sale!

Cheers!
Jon
Hey JB-DTW welcome to the assylum! How much of a hasle was it to bring the bike across the river and get it plated. I have often thought about buying in Canada but never bothered to get serious. Just lazy I guess, but this is a good example of the kool stuff the Fed wont let us have.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote