View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #128
AnjinSan OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
íMuchas gracias, guys, for all the suggestions

We put an inside patch at a local tire repair shop and they insured us that we can go on with it. Of course, there was no balancing but I hope that the patch didn't do too much to umbalance the tire.

While I was out searching for tire shops, Andreea tried to find a new tire in Chihuahua, the owners of the hotel we are staying at called many motorcycle shops in Chihuahua City but couldn't find our size available for today. So I don't thing there is any point in riding today there (as weekend is coming as well). We will try and ride with the patch towards Parral and Durango, hoping that we will find a new tire on our way in these bigger cities.

Today will be just a short day, to Creel and we will check the tire pressure in the evening and tomorrow morning. If all OK we will try to reach Parral as SR was suggesting, via Ruta 23 to Guachochi and onwards. If we stick to pavement and if the tire pressure holds today it should be OK until we reach a place with a new tire.

This tire was brand new almost but still, and I am willing to travel with the patch for a while, but if we find a good opportunity (price and tire type) I would be much more relaxed with a new tire in the back.

Once in Creel today we will try to phone some more shops in Parral. If not maybe Durango would be our safest bet.

íHasta pronto

AnjinSan screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 11:39 AM
AnjinSan is offline   Reply With Quote