View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #59
PowerCell OP
SE990R

Oddometer: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
I like the lower fill tower. Not much capacity to be gained in that area anyway. Any details of how this tank fits with the Scotts Stabilizer tower? Also, any chance the tank will provide a little better protection for the radiator in a tip over? My falls on the SE always seem to be at slow speeds (ride faster, I know!) and one of those slow speed tip overs tweaked my bottom radiator mount with the stock tank on.

Thanks, we're continuing to make it better and better. The tank is clearanced for the Scotts tower and pretty much anyones tower. I myself run the new Scotts rubber isolated under-mount and there's plenty of room. We've even added additional clearance for the triple clamps to allow a tighter turning radius for those that ditch the stock clamps.

The tank offers significantly more radiator protection than the stocker. By eliminating the tank panels and adding additional angles to the leading edge, we've manage to stiffen up the radiator area quite a bit. Additionally, the side mounts are now lower and further forward to help support the tank wings in a crash. And just for the fun of it, we included additional clearance for the radiator cap so you no longer have to worry about knocking the reservoir hose off when you drop the bike. All good stuff...

PowerCell is online now   Reply With Quote