View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
FJ_Kevin OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
Pissed Two YZ465's stolen in Maryland!

Hi Folks,

Last night, 10/5/12, my 2nd garage was broken into and my two '81 yz465's were stolen from me.

One of these was the bike I wrote about here on ADVrider. I posted similar info about the theft on the project page.

I did not get around to writing down the serial numbers from either bike and of course feel like a real idiot for not doing so. Too preoccupied with making an honest living I guess.

There is still a chance I have a photo that could turn up a frame number for the completed project bike but I am still looking.

The engine serial number is 1LV-002167. This number is for the ADV project bike shown again in photos below.
This is the motor composed of yz490 cases and yz465 top end.

I still have my IT490 as that was in my main garage being readied for a cross country race tomorrow.

I also had some street motorcycles in the same garage but they went out of their way to take the dirt bikes, leaving behind the street bikes. As luck would have it the street bikes were insured against theft but the 465's were not. So the time, money and effort will be a total loss to me unless recovered.

Please keep an eye out for these bikes. They were stolen in Owings Mills, Maryland
My email is kgfaison@msn.com. I am posting the ADV project bike below. This bike was race ready. I am still looking for photos of the other one.

$500 for info leading to full or partial recovery of these YZ465's

Thanks,
Kevin

Here is the garage door as I found it... you can see how they pushed in the glass to unlock the door, bastards!

My Vintage Husqvarna/Motocross Restoration Extravaganza Thread
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964670

FJ_Kevin screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 09:54 PM
FJ_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote